Do you have a story that needs to be told? A God given message that has the potential to transform hearts? Do you want to generate passive income for your family?
Starting a blog might be your answer!
In the fall of 2014, I started blogging. It’s now become a passion of mine and part of my career. I got around 3 million readers last year; which has allowed me to influence people with God’s love, expand my reach and earn a good amount of money.
Unfortunately, I see many people who get stuck in the initial process and don’t chase their dreams (in ministry, in studies, in art)… and sometimes the one hurdle is that they don’t know where to start because the “setup process” is too complicated.
Below I have outlined How To Start A Blog (The Step-By-Step Guide for Beginners). It’s the easiest guide to getting a domain, setting up hosting, and installing WordPress in 5 minutes or less.
There are many ways to set up a blog but you will get the most control by using self-hosted WordPress blog. This is what the best bloggers use. This is what I use at HappySonship.com (And I can guarantee you it works, because here you are reading my other WordPress blog).
Honestly, YOU have an incredible calling and a message. God is ready to empower you and bless this new platform.
Are you ready?
I’ll make it as easy as possible for you, so you skip half of the pains I went through when I started blogging.
There are many hosting/domain companies out there. I’ll show you how to start with Bluehost. They are the only hosting service recommended by WordPress and has been the number-one recommended hosting service for their platform for almost 10 years.
They have superb customer service, an easy control panel and 24 hour technical support (which I have used multiple times). You also get a 30-day money back guarantee and the option to cancel at any time.
Plus, if you sign up through this tutorial, you’ll get a special offer of shared hosting at $3.95/month for 36 months, as well as a free domain name for a year.
Here’s the simplest step by step guide:
1. Think of a cool domain name. Get your credit card ready. And click this link below to get started:
2. Once you’re in, click the “Get Started Now” button and choose your plan. Trust me, it’s so worth it.
3. Think outside of the box! Then choose your free domain name or bring over your current domain. Both are very easy processes.
4. Once you’ve entered that cool domain name, fill in your personal information. Place your order and pay for your plan.
5. Good job! Once you’re done that, you will automatically be taken to your Bluehost dashboard where you can install WordPress (the software that runs your blog) in a few easy clicks.
Click on: Install WordPress and then click on the green install button.
6. Now choose the domain name you had registered:
7. Check the “Show advanced options” box and fill in the title, username, and password. Your title will be the name of your blog (mine would be Happy Sonship). The username and password will be what you use to login to the backend of your blog (your WordPress dashboard).
8. Bluehost will install WordPress on your server and let you know when it’s complete. Then, log into your WordPress site by going to the admin login URL. Enter your username and password, then click “Log In.” This will take you to your WordPress dashboard.
This is where your magic will happen!
You can now control everything to do with your WordPress site, such as creating pages, writing posts, and changing the appearance.
Now take a deep breath, pat yourself on the back and enjoy the pleasure of creating your platform of influence to the world.
Proud of you.
PS. If you’re looking for the all-out-consult on all things blogging… reach out to me. Would be happy to talk about your journey and work together: Click Here For More.
For more free resources, videos and articles visit: YourChristianBlog.com