Do you have a story that needs to be told? A God given message that has the potential to transform hearts? Do you want to generate passive income for your family?
Starting a blog might be your answer!
In the fall of 2014, I started blogging. It’s now become a passion of mine and part of my career. I got around 3 million readers last year; which has allowed me to influence people with God’s love, expand my reach and earn a good amount of money.
Unfortunately, I see many people who get stuck in the initial process and don’t chase their dreams (in ministry, in studies, in art)… and sometimes the one hurdle is that they don’t know where to start because the “setup process” is too complicated.
Below I have outlined for you the How To Start A Blog (The Step-By-Step Guide for Beginners). It’s the easiest guide to getting a domain, setting up hosting with WordPress in 5 minutes or less.
There are many ways to set up a blog but you will get the most control by using self-hosted WordPress blog. This is what the best bloggers use. This is what I use here at HappySonship.com (And I can guarantee you it works, because here you are reading my WordPress blog).
Honestly, YOU have an incredible calling and a message. God is ready to empower you and bless this new platform. Are you ready?
I’ll make it as easy as possible for you, so you skip half of the pains I went through when I started blogging.
There are many hosting/domain companies out there. I’ll show you how to start with Bluehost. They are the only hosting service recommended by WordPress and has been the number-one recommended hosting service for their platform for almost 10 years.
They have superb customer service, an easy control panel and 24 hour technical support (which I have used a few times). You also get a 30-day money back guarantee and the option to cancel at any time.
* Plus, if you sign up through this tutorial, you’ll get a special offer of shared hosting at $3.95 / month for 36 months, as well as a free domain.
The simplest step by step guide:
1. Think of a cool domain name. Get your credit card ready. And click this link to get started:
2. Once you’re in, click the “Get Started Now” button and choose your plan. Trust me, it’s so worth it:
3. Think outside of the box! Then choose your free domain name or bring over your current domain. Both are very easy processes.
5. Create a secure password.. and maybe skip using the word password as your password 🙂
6. Make sure you agree to the terms of service:
7. Congratulations! You are the proud owner of a self-hosted blog, with your very own domain. Now, log in:
8. Next, Bluethost and WordPress get connect and install:
9. Choose your domain and log in to your dashboard.
10. This is where your magic will happen! Welcome to your dashboard. You can now control everything to do with your WordPress site, such as creating pages, writing posts, and changing the appearance:
Now take a deep breath, pat yourself on the back and enjoy the pleasure of creating your platform of influence to the world.
Proud of you.
PS. If you’re looking for the all-out-consult on all things blogging… reach out to me. Would be happy to talk about your journey and work together, personally and professionally – Click Here For Details.
+ Best NEXT article: Make Money With Your Blog.