Do you have a story that needs to be told? A God-given message that has the potential to transform hearts? Do you want to generate passive income for your family?
Starting a blog might be your answer!
In the fall of 2014, I started blogging. It’s now become a passion of mine and part of my career. I got around 4 million readers last year; which has allowed me to influence people with God’s love, expand my reach and earn a good amount of money.
Plus, through the blog I got a 3 book deal (Drop The Stones came out Sept 2017) and started my non profit alongside our store called TheHappyGivers.com; which funds our relief work in Puerto Rico, our children’s home in Peru and our prison ministry here in North Carolina.
So yeah, I believe in this platform.
And I believe you could do the same (actually, way more!)
Unfortunately, I see many people who get stuck in the initial process and don’t chase their dreams (in ministry, in studies, in art)… and sometimes the one hurdle is that they don’t know where to start because the “setup process” is too complicated.
Below I have outlined for you the How To Start A Blog (The Step-By-Step Guide for Beginners). It’s the easiest guide to getting a domain, setting up hosting with WordPress in 5 minutes or less.
There are many ways to set up a blog but you will get the most control by using self-hosted WordPress blog. This is what the best bloggers use. This is what I use here at HappySonship.com (And I can guarantee you it works, because here you are reading my WordPress blog).
Honestly, YOU have an incredible calling and a message. God is ready to empower you and bless this new platform. Are you ready?
I’ll make it as easy as possible for you, so you skip half of the pains I went through when I started blogging.
There are many hosting/domain companies out there. I’ll show you how to start with Bluehost. They are the only hosting service recommended by WordPress and has been the number-one recommended hosting service for their platform for almost 10 years.
They have superb customer service, an easy control panel and 24 hour technical support (which I have used a few times).
You also get a 30-day money back guarantee and the option to cancel at any time!
And BTW. If you have any questions, or get stuck in the process… feel free to email me at [email protected]
The simplest step by step guide:
1. Think of a cool domain name. Get your credit card ready. And CLICK HERE to get started:
2. Once you’re in, click the “Get Started Now” button and choose your plan. Trust me, it’s so worth it:
3. Think outside of the box! Then choose your free domain name or bring over your current domain. Both are very easy processes.
5. Now, your billing:
6. Create a secure password.. and maybe skip using the word “password” as your password 🙂
7. Make sure you agree to the terms of service:
8. Congratulations! You are the proud owner of a self-hosted blog, with your very own domain. Now, log in:
9. Next, You Pick a Theme (This is the really fun part!)
10. Good choice! Now Start Building:
11. Take your time and use the guides WordPress offers you. But trust me, if you can do Facebook, Gmail and/or Instagram, you can do WordPress. It’s easy (and your site will look pro because you use it).
12. Now, create content. Write from your heart. Share your story. And get ready to launch.
13. Be creative! And take the plunge.
14. Congrats again! Your site is now live (and if you need any help) contact the great people at Bluehost and email me at [email protected]
Now take a deep breath, pat yourself on the back and enjoy the pleasure of creating your platform of influence to the world.
Proud of you.
PS. If you’re looking for the all-out-consult on all things blogging… reach out to me. Would be happy to talk about your journey and work together, personally and professionally – Click Here For Details.
+ Best NEXT article: Make Money With Your Blog.