I am unapologetic about my love for the 80’s. I was born in 81 and have embraced every aspect of my decade. Still do. So I wanted to share my ultimate list to discover: How 80’s are you?
Extremely 80’s if:
1. You learned to swim about the same time “Jaws” came out and still can’t swim at night.
2. You desperately wanted the yellow waterproof Sony Walkman.
3. You dressed to emulate Duran Duran, Poison, Madonna, Rick Springfield or Cyndi Lauper.
4. “Must-see TV” was The Cosby Show.
5. You know all the words to Bon Jovi – > YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME
6. You just sang those words to yourself
7. You wanted to be as cool as Punky Brewster.
8. You listened to “We Are the World” a hundred million times.
9. You were terrified of the Thriller video by Michael Jackson. (Still makes me tremble)
10. You remember the frustration of having to blow into your Nintendo cartridges in order to get them to work.
11. Two words: Hammer Pants
12. You can sing the entire theme song to “Duck Tales” (Woo ooh!)
13. You attended a birthday party at McDonald’s. (Possibly your own)
14. “Don’t worry, be happy”
15. You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
16. You still think A-ha is the greatest band ever. #takeonme
17. You wore homemade Levi shorts… (the shorter the better)
18. These movies posters make you smile:
I feel sorry for everyone born in the 90’s. They missed the greatest era. But thanks to the internet, we can all go back and bask in the glory of our beloved 80’s.
So, How 80’s are you? How many could you relate too? And what else do you remember? Share below.